Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Two Days in Missoula

Missoula is an exceptionally cool town. The kind a town that makes you want to stay a while. I stayed for two days. 

Like most touring cyclists, my first stop was at the headquarters of Adventure Cycling, a fabulous organization that produces incredibly detailed and accurate maps for cyclists covering many trails throughout the night states in parts of Canada.  It also organizes and supports all kinds of group bicycle tours. It is a non-profit organization that employees 40 people who are passionate about cycling.

They are housed in a building that is a converted Christian Science church. They take a Polaroid picture of every touring cyclist who visits and places it on their wall of fame.







I also rode and walked Around Missoula, including a hike up to the “M” on a mountain that overlooks the campus of the University of Montana and the city.






I stayed for two nights in a bunk room in a wonderful 
Hostel located one block away from adventure cycling in the center of downtown Missoula. There I met many really nice people with whom I dined and explored the city.





If you know me you will not be surprised that I attended the Missoula Ospreys minor league baseball game in their gorgeous stadium.



No comments:

Post a Comment