Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Day 35 (Dickinson, ND to Medora, ND)

Today I entered the Badlands, which are actually very, very good!
 



Late this afternoon I pulled over for a rest at a scenic turn out in the Theodore Roosevelt national Park. There I found two amazing cowgirls I had run into the day before on a group trail ride they did from Dickinson to Taylor, North Dakota. Today they were out riding trails in the Badlands, which for these experienced equestrians meant making trails where none previously existed. We had a wonderful time getting to know each other better and I look forward to seeing them again next time I pass through this way!



With the possible exception of pheasant hunting (and UND hockey :-)),  the badlands are the biggest tourist attraction in the state of North Dakota. On the edge of the Badlands flies a charming little tourist town named Medora. The biggest of many attractions in Madora is the Medora musical, which is a summer start production that runs every night from approximately Memorial Day through just after Labor Day. The production itself is a variety show that could be described as a fun slice of americana performed by talented young entertainers From all over the United States. 

Upon arrival I quickly set up my tent and met made my way over to the amazing natural theater carved into the Badlands in which the show is performed.






2 comments:

  1. It was a true please meeting you Mike! Your adventure is an amazing one. You appear to be as a sponge, soaking up all the information and knowledge of the areas you pass through. How interesting and fun! Be well and be safe! Look forward to following your adventure! Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete