Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Day 54 - Pomeroy, WA to Walla Walla, WA

Wella wella I’m in Walla Walla.



This area has a reputation among Sommeliers as a fine  wine region,


and it is surrounded by glorious golden hills.


Having seen nothing but headwinds this entire trip, I was happy to see this sign today.


Today’s yard art winner from Waitsburg, WA
 


The first thing I saw when I crossed the snake River into Washington was two people getting high in the park along the river. This is another topical issue as to which I am Actively seeking a local sentiment.


The people I spoke with from Clarkston, Idaho definitely were opposed to the legalization of marijuana. One woman who worked across the river at the Large regional hospital in Clarkston, Washington. She said they were having a great deal of trouble finding employees because otherwise qualified employees could not pass the drug test.

A person I met in Washington asked if I would like “to partake.” I politely declined as I have hundreds of times over the course of my life. But I am keeping an open mind about this issue.

In the brief time I stop in front of this store, several people my age and some people from the succeeding generations came in and out. It was one of the busiest retail establishments I sought in Dayton, Washington. 

One of my first reactions was that this might be better than having those same people deal surreptitiously with shady drug dealers. It is out in the open and the state is collecting tax revenue.

1 comment: