Friday, September 7, 2018

Portland

I spent an afternoon and a morning Bicycling through and around the city of Portland, A city that prides itself On being “weird “ and bicycle friendly. 

Here are some of my findings:

A signification number of Portlanders live in floating houses.







The artistic attention to detail in the bike lanes is impressive. (Almost all cyclists I saw were wearing helmets and many had backpacks.)


Almost every street has a generous bike lane, motorists are courteous and attentive to bicyclists, and there are a lot of cyclists on the streets (in part because there are relatively few designated bike trails)


I stayed in a hostel in NW downtown Portland in an effort to understand what Portlanders mean when they say they want to “keep Portland weird “. 












I have always heard that ,”Oregon is God’s country.”  Outside of Portland, where things are even weirder, I found evidence to support that. And yes, it appears God is an American.






No comments:

Post a Comment