Saturday, September 1, 2018

Day 56 - Umatilla, WA to Roosevelt, OR

I was reunited with my friend, Robert, at the campground last night. Robert flew into Vancouver and is doing a tour of the national parks in Canada and United States That to date includes Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Glacier, and Yellowstone. He had a close and scary encounter (5 meters) with a grizzly bear on a trail in the glacier national Park. 

A fellow camper asked if this was a father – son trip.  I was surprised, but then again Robert is only 34.


My constant traveling companion all day was the glorious Columbia River.


The landscape was full of lava rocks from ancient volcanic eruptions and fresh onions discharged from high speed trucks.






Robert and I camped along the banks of the river with a bunch of kite surfers. I spent much of the evening conversing with a kite surfer who grew up in Edina and graduated from the University of Minnesota.





1 comment:

  1. You’re about to reach your goal.
    You’ll miss the adventure, and we’ll miss the chronicle.
    Good riding.

    ReplyDelete