Monday, May 1, 2017

Day 7 - Marshall, MO to Higginsville, MO (33/295 miles)

My family saw the play "Wicked" in Minnesota yesterday.

I saw Wicked in Missouri today: constant headwinds from 19-29 mph (I literally had to pedal hard to get down hills); temperatures in low to mid-40s all day; spitting rain off and on; 30 miles on a  straight 2-lane highway with no shoulder and a posted speed limit of 60 mph (I wanted to go faster, but could only manage 6-7 mph); and I had to share the road with 18 wheelers all day.  
 

Lewis and Clark couldn't have had it any tougher than this!

I took refuge in a gas station and listened to a long string of motorists come in and complain about the high winds.  A couple of barbecue sandwiches perked me up! 

Forecast is for much better weather tomorrow and consistently improving weather all week.  The weather this weekend is supposed to be spectacular!


No comments:

Post a Comment